German Leprosy Relief Association (DAHW) is looking for a
Program Director (m/f), Nigeria
for its national office in Enugu, to start as soon as possible.
So schwer es manchmal fällt, die Arbeit muss weiter gehen. So hat der Vorstand der Ruth-Pfau-Stiftung die Nachfolge von Dr. Ruth Pfau im ehrenamtlichen Stiftungsrat geregelt und einstimmig Mervyn Lobo ernannt. Zudem sind im Moment sind der Geschäftsführer der DAHW, Burkard Kömm zusammen mit Ernst Hisch in Pakistan. Der Geschäftsführer der DAHW ist als Vorstandsmitglieder des MALC bei der ersten Sitzung nach dem Tod von Dr. Pfau dabei um die Fortsetzung der Arbeit vor Ort zu gewährleisten.
As Programme Director (m/f), you will ensure compliance with the global DAHW guidelines and the guidelines of other relevant sponsor organisations in the Nigerian programmes and project activities, and will be responsible for the implementation of DAHW’s global strategy in the fi ght against leprosy, Buruli ulcer and tuberculosis. Specifi cally, you will carry out the following tasks:
- You will manage and coordinate the DAHW national office in Enugu with 35 members of staff and will be responsible for a programme portfolio of up to 5 million euros.
- You will ensure the strategic, programme-related, financial and administrative compliance of all project activities with the guidelines of DAHW and other relevant sponsor organisations.
- You will be responsible for proper, transparent management in the fields of financial resource management, HR management and material and transport management.
- You will promote the continuous advancement of the management team.
- You will be involved in networking with responsible parties from other international humanitarian services, development organisations and medical organisations, and will nurture a regular dialogue and cooperation with all parties involved (e.g. EU, German embassy and other partners).
- You will be responsible for the timely and proper application for project funding.
- You will support the integration of the Nigerian offices into DAHW West Africa and its projects within the regional strategy.
- You will provide information for the fundraising of all DAHW business divisions.
- You have completed a university degree with a business-related speciality (business studies, finance) and have at least five years of professional experience.
- You have several years of professional experience in the field of development cooperation in Africa, ideally in a management role.
- You have sound knowledge and experience in the fields of project/programme management, administration and finance, and cooperation with organisations and government agencies, such as authorities, ministries, etc.
- You have already successfully developed, managed and implemented complex co-financed programmes in financial and administrative terms, and are familiar with the challenges involved in project management for co-financed projects with major sponsors, e.g. Global Fund, USAID, EU.
- You have experience managing professional local teams and accompanying organisational development and change processes.
- You have a very good command of German and English and are an EU or Swiss citizen. French would be an advantage.
What DAHW offers through AGEH
- Individual and thorough preparation
- Three-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
- Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching and supervision, individual advice
- Work within the AGEH work model
We look forward to receiving your detailed application by 10/01/2018.
Please send your application (CV and cover letter) to
DAHW Deutsche Lepra- und Tuberkulosehilfe e.V.
Raiffeisenstr. 3, 97080 Würzburg